How cool would it be to walk down the street knowing that many of the people you see are wearing clothes made using technology developed at your workplace!
We are Gemini CAD Systems – a LECTRA company – the leading global developers of technology for the fashion industry.
In September 2021, Gemini CAD Systems joined the Lectra family of companies. Lectra is the world leader in integrated technology solutions designed for industries using fabrics, leather, technical textiles, and composite materials to manufacture their products. It serves major world markets: fashion and apparel, automotive, and furniture as well as a broad array of other industries. Lectra’s solutions, specific to each market, enable customers to automate and optimize product design, development, and manufacturing. With more than 2000 employees, Lectra has developed privileged relationships with prestigious customers in more than 100 countries, contributing to their operational excellence.
We are looking for colleagues to cover the role of Virtual Fashion Designer in the product delivery team. As part of this team, the colleague who will occupy this role is expected to help us with mood boards and graphic content for digitally printed fashion products which will have as the final goal the creation of complete collections of digitally developed garments.
• Creating beautiful and engaging digital content in form of digital graphic images
• Design prints and combine colors by applying technical skills for creating new graphical resources
• Create mood boards and galleries for fashion garments being published on Gemini APOGY web-based platform
• Keep up to date with emerging fashion trends as well as general trends relating to fabrics, colors, and shapes
• Carry out image research to identify fashion trends, sketch rough and detailed drawings
• Work closely with product management and marketing team as part of the creative team
• Understanding design from a technical perspective, i.e., producing 2D patterns, is a plus
• Create or visualize an idea and produce a design using computer-aided design (CAD)
• Assemble the 2D shapes and put them into a 3D digital presentation form for getting done the fashion product gallery
Skills and Qualifications:
• 1-3 years of experience in graphic design / Demonstrate equivalent graphics design skills
• Deep knowledge of design and a strong passion for fashion
• Visualizing skills – the ability to imagine a garment and visualize the end design just by looking at an image or by following the trend colors and fabrics
• A great eye for combining colors, prints, patterns, and fabrics for building glamourous garment collections
• Knowledgeable about design software, including Illustrator, Photoshop, Corel, InDesign, etc.
• Understanding of latest design trends
• Up-to-date knowledge of market trends in fashion and lifestyle
• Ability to follow specifications and work within deadlines
• Capacity to iterate on concepts
• Independence to work on your own, take initiative, and think out of the box
• High energy and enthusiasm with a great desire to give input and brainstorm ideas
• The desire to learn new software, tools, and techniques efficiently and effectively
• Good presentation & communication skills and attention to detail
• Fluent spoken and written English
• Be part of a young team researching and developing original products – Made in Iași
• Flexible work schedule
• Dedicated mentors, training sessions
• Private health insurance
Location: Iasi, Romania / Remote
Type of contract: Full-time / Part-time